This policy sets out how AdTorque Edge Pty Ltd (AdTorque Edge) collect, use, disclose and manage your personal information.
How does AdTorque Edge protect my privacy?
AdTorque Edge respects the importance of your privacy and is bound by the Privacy Act 1988) (Cth) (Privacy Act) including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs), and applicable privacy regulations. AdTorque Edge is committed to protecting your privacy when managing your personal information and has policies and procedures to ensure that personal information is handled in accordance with the Privacy Act and the APPs.
What personal information about me is collected?
Personal information collected by AdTorque Edge will depend on the circumstances of collection and on the services that we are providing to you and may include:
- identification details, which may include name, birth date, gender, security questions and answers;
- contact information which may include email address and mobile phone number;
- bank account and credit account details;
- user IDs and passwords;
- services provided to you, including saved items and searches;
- business information, such as ABN and licence number;
- information submitted in placing an advertisement, for example vehicle details and pricing;
- information submitted in applying for or requesting a quote for a related product such as finance or insurance;
- information about the devices on which you visit the AdTorque Edge website, and your activities on those devices or sites;
- third party account details (for example where you sign in through a social network);
- your public social profile information (e.g. name, profile picture) together with the email address you use to log into your social media account;
- records and content of communications with AdTorque Edge
- if you participate in any surveys we, or a third party service provider acting on our behalf, may conduct from time to time, personal information relating to your survey responses;
- if you are applying for employment with us, personal information that is relevant to such employment; and
- information obtained as a result of your use of our mobile website or application such as geo-locations and unique device identifiers.
Please note that any records and content provided in hard copy format may be stored and scanned electronically by AdTorque Edge.
AdTorque Edge does not collect sensitive information as defined in the Privacy Act, such as racial or ethnicity information, political opinions or associations, criminal records (save where provided by law enforcement authorities) or health information. However, subject to obtaining your prior consent, AdTorque Edge may collect sensitive information from you in the course of considering an application for employment.
How is my personal information collected?
AdTorque Edge collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you when you provide information directly to AdTorque Edge in person, by phone or in writing (whether electronic or otherwise; when you enquire about an item on our website; when you subscribe to a newsletter or any alerts; when you purchase goods or services from AdTorque Edge or a third party via AdTorque Edge; when you enter a competition or promotion conducted by AdTorque Edge, or in a contract with your business to provide you with our services;
- directly from you when you communicate with AdTorque Edge or any other person using AdTorque Edge Communications Services;
- from third parties such as resellers AdTorque Edge services and service providers to AdTorque Edge;
- from clients who have provided us with databases in order to engage us to deliver a service;
- operators of linked or served web sites, applications and advertising;
- social networks where you choose to share that information when creating an account;
- from 3rd party data providers and other entities where you have directed or otherwise consented to the collecting entity (or a service provider on its behalf) sending us data;
- from organisations identified or described under the heading ‘How is personal information shared’, which include AdTorque Edge, our service providers and other third parties so that we may provide an enhanced and more relevant user experience, service or product to you.
How is my personal information used?
More specifically, your personal information may be used for the following purposes:
- to maintain appropriate business records;
- to research, develop, improve and use within AdTorque Edge products and services and by its outsourced service providers to provide and improve their services;
- to respond to an enquiry or provide our services, products or assistance that you request from us;
- to pre-populate / customise / provide shortcuts on our websites;
- to conduct surveys to determine use and satisfaction with AdTorque Edge services;
- to generate statistics in relation to AdTorque Edge;
- for the purposes of feedback, reviews and ratings;
- to promote and market special offers and other services to you (if you do not want to receive these, please let us know by clicking here or using the unsubscribe facility in a direct marketing communication sent to you);
- for purposes connected with the operation of AdTorque Edge;
- for staff training and quality assurance;
- to aggregate personal information with our third party partners for the purpose of personalising the advertising you receive from us and them; and
- to contact winners of trade promotions run by AdTorque Edge.
How is my personal information shared?
AdTorque Edge may disclose personal information to individuals and organisations other than AdTorque Edge. The organisations to which we may disclose personal information include:
- AdTorque Edge staff;
- outsourced service providers who assist AdTorque Edge to provide its services including:
- information technology providers;
- marketing and market research advisers and survey providers;
- professional advisers;
- data service providers, who may also disclose your personal information to our third party partners for the purpose of personalising the advertising you receive from us and them (you can opt out of this type of activity by letting us know here); and
- payment platforms.
- entities to whom you request we send your information;
- resellers of AdTorque Edge services;
- organisations involved in a sale/transfer of AdTorque Edge or any of its assets, business or shares;
- to assist government or regulatory authorities or police; and
- as we are required by law, for example pursuant to a subpoena or in accordance with unclaimed money legislation.
Where AdTorque Edge discloses your personal information to a data service provider, AdTorque Edge will take all reasonable steps to ensure those data service providers comply at all times with the Privacy Act and the APPs.
How do I keep my personal information up to date?
AdTorque Edge strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date records. To facilitate this, please let us know if any of your details change. AdTorque Edge may verify the accuracy of personal information it holds against information about you held by a third party.
AdTorque Edge may destroy or de-identify personal information once the information is no longer deemed required by the business.
How do I access my information?
You generally have a right to access your personal information, subject to a few exceptions provided by law. If you wish to access your personal information please click here. Please remember to provide as much detail as you can as this will help us to find the information. Generally, there will be no charge for this service, however you may be required to verify your identity before any information is released to you. Depending on the volume, type or method of access to the information you request, AdTorque Edge may charge you some fees, however, these will not be excessive and will not apply to the making of the request. Please note that depending on the volume or nature of the information required, it may take a number of days to fulfil the request.
How is my information protected?
AdTorque Edge takes reasonable steps to protect personal information collected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modifications or disclosure. Your personal information may be stored in hard copy documents, but is generally stored electronically on AdTorque Edge’s systems.
Is my personal information shared outside of Australia?
Can I deal with AdTorque Edge anonymously?
You may deal with AdTorque Edge anonymously by using a pseudonym, unless AdTorque Edge is required or authorised by law to deal only with an identified person, or it is impracticable for us to respond to you if you have not identified yourself.
What if I choose not to provide my personal information?
If you choose not to provide personal information when requested, AdTorque Edge may not be able to provide you with the full range of AdTorque Edge services.
Is my location collected?
When accessing AdTorque Edge from a mobile device, we may request permission to collect your location from your device via the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you consent to the collection of this information, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. However, this may limit your ability to use certain features of our services.
How does AdTorque Edge record my activity and use it?
When you visit a website or use an AdTorque Edge application, AdTorque Edge records anonymous information such as IP address, time, date, referring url, and other referral information, device information and location, carrier, site interactions such as your access to website features, pages accessed, content, searching activities, lead submission, and files accessed and downloaded, type of browser and operating system. Such information collected by AdTorque Edge may be linked to other information AdTorque Edge hold about a user, compiling a complete profile about a users’ browsing, purchasing and other activities. This data may be used by AdTorque Edge to categorise a user and provide personalised offers, marketing and advertising. Activity data may be shared with advertisers for these purposes where the user is already a customer of the advertiser.
AdTorque Edge may use third party advertising companies to collect data and/or serve ads when you visit a website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to websites and other media in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
AdTorque Edge uses “cookie” and other methods to collect and store the information set out above. A cookie is a small file that stays on your computer until, depending on whether it is a sessional or persistent cookie, you turn your computer off or it expires (this may be as little as 30 days or up 2 years or longer in some cases).
Cookies may be used by AdTorque Edge or by service providers engaged by AdTorque Edge to provide you with the full range of services it offers, remember your preferences, remember the sites you visit, measure and analyse usage of AdTorque Edge, and for security. Persistent cookies may be used to identify the sites you visit and to personalise the advertising that you see when you make future visits to those sites or other sites or platforms. Cookie data and other data may be sold, licensed or otherwise provided to third parties via advertising exchanges or other data sharing platforms for this purpose. You may adjust your Internet browser settings to disable cookies. If cookies are disabled AdTorque Edge may not be able to provide you with the full range of AdTorque Edge services.
How to contact AdTorque Edge about my personal information?
If you have a problem, complaint, want to change your personal information or just wish to enquire about privacy please contact us.
Location: Lev 1, 39 Terry Street, Rozelle, NSW, 2039
Postal Address: Lev 1, 39 Terry Street, Rozelle, NSW, 2039
Phone:+61 (02) 8216 3666 (Business Hours EST)
AdTorque Edge treats complaints relating to privacy extremely seriously. If you submit a concern or complaint, we will endeavour to deal with it comprehensively and reach an outcome with which all parties are satisfied. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint (after providing us with a reasonable time to respond) or would like further information about privacy in Australia, then we suggest you contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website.
Does this policy change?
This policy may change over time. All changes will be published on this website.
Version 1.1 (April 2018)